The proprietary Arestat™ technology platform is based on a number of fundamentally novel insights into interactions between formulation excipients and proteins, allowing control of protein behaviour under various stress conditions, both in vitro and in vivo.
The application of the technology results in superior product stability in aqueous solutions, low viscosity and desirable PK/PD profiles. The technology is protected by more than 30 patent families and 28 patents granted globally and a number of additional patent applications.
Clinical Development Programmes
Ultra-Rapid Acting Insulin
- Best-in-class fastest acting meal-time insulin for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Enables more effective disease management
- Improved post prandial glucose (PPG) control
- Greater control and flexibility around dosing
- Potential to enable first fully closed loop artificial pancreas
Ultra-Concentrated Rapid Acting Insulin
- Superior concentrated acting prandial insulin for insulin resistant diabetics
- Critical to enable next generation miniaturised insulin pump devices
- Enabling more effective disease management